Current Health Topics
H1N1 Influenza Virus
What can I do to protect myself and my family?
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer to get rid of most germs and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick to avoid spreading illness to co-workers, students, and friends.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and properly dispose of used tissues.
- Stay healthy by eating a balanced diet, drinking plenty of water, and getting adequate rest and exercise.
- Stay informed and aware.
What symptoms should I be aware of?
- Fever greater than 100 degrees
- Body aches
- Sore throat
- Respiratory congestion
- In some cases, diarrhea and vomiting
For more information: